25 Nov 2018
SA1: Senior Cloud System Administrator
Enterprise IT, Managed Services & Cloud Operations
At Cap4 Cloud, client satisfaction is our primary goal: our consulting and managed services solutions help businesses realise value from their IT infrastructure, accelerate software delivery while enjoy more reliable IT systems.
Cap4 Cloud team consists of specialists in enterprise client management, cloud technologies and building hyper-scale IT infrastructures. We strive to deliver the future of IT and focus on improving daily digital productivity for our customers worldwide.
About the Role
Cap4 Cloud is searching for a Senior Cloud System Administrator to join its team.
Candidate shall be able to provide operational support and sustainment for a deployed system. The candidate shall manage and perform routine administrative tasks as well as perform in-depth troubleshooting of complex system and network issues, improve system reliability and maintainability and automate functions to minimize manual tasks. Additionally, the candidate shall develop admin documentation for general troubleshooting and maintenance of the system and provide operational personnel with procedures and guidelines for frequent tasks carried out on the system.
- Understand customer requirements and business objectives;
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve goals;
- Manage IT initiatives and collaborate with in-house technical staff;
- Design IT systems ensuring the right architecture and functionality;
- Support new technology implementation;
- Provide assistance with technical issues;
- Revise existing systems and suggest improvements;
- Provide rapid and effective Helpdesk and end-user support via the IT Ticketing system;
- Assist with on/off-boarding of users, including training as necessary;
- Manage asset deployments and upgrades using standard hardware, images and software utilities;
- Take part in IT On-Call rotation.
- 5+ years experience in IT Operations and Support, focusing on web based solutions;
- Proven experience in all aspects of managing large Unix/Linux environment including the use of configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of systems;
- Operational experience with Linux and system administration (Debian, CentOS);
- Experience with Load balancers, storage devices and virtual environments;
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server;
- Strong communication and documentation skills;
- Ensure high availability of all critical applications and servers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length;
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently;
- Must be a team player;
- Willing to travel to customer locations up to 30%
Nice to have
- Ability to troubleshoot end-to-end issues including infrastructure issues (L4);
- Training experience an added plus;
- Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Knowledge of any other European language;
Type: Regular Full Time
Functions: System administration
Industries: Information Technology and Services
How to apply?
Did we spark your interest?
Send your applications to email@example.com by indicating in the subject SA1: Senior Cloud System Administrator